Thursday 19 April 2012

It has been too long.

I am really sorry I have not posted here for a while but sometimes its best to let a blog go quiet when you feel you have nothing to share.

Well life has had its ups and downs health wise. I had a relapse at the beginning of the year and I still have not got my strength back. I was dragging my feet, losing sensation in my right side and eyesight worked when it wanted too in my right eye, and the pain was at a higher level than normal.
I felt quite cast down for a few days until I realised I was not putting my hope and trust in the Lord Like I should. I was struggling with my quiet times and with prayer. In fact I was feeling sorry for myself! So I pleaded with the Lord to help me and guess what He did.
I did not improve much health wise for a while but spiritually I was uplifted and mentally strengthend. That was just what I needed and I just got on with things that I could, and if I could not do them I did not let it worry me. I no longer worry and think about what I cannot do, but focus on what I can do.
I also had a three day course of IV steroids and within a few weeks my walking improved and eyesight and right side weakness improved. Steroids always get me back on my feet.

Why oh why do I wonder why I can do things without the Lords help!
What a loving and patient God I have. He loves me through all my faults and weaknesses.

My Hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame'
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

My favourite hymn.

1 comment:

ms'er faith said...

You are right. I think, even though physically I'm well, I need to do what you did to improve happiness! Thanks for posting again.