Tuesday 9 November 2010

It has been awhile...

Wow it has been months since I last posted.

I just wanted to say that I am OK, up-and-down health-wise but still smiling.
God is so good and loving and helps me through the rollercoaster of life. If I did not have God in my life I feel I would be bitter and twisted about my MS. God enables me to look up to Him, and leaving my troubles/burdens at His feet is a mighty privilege.

I have been crafting and have posted a few things on my other blog:
Clare Cards

I will be posting more things I have made soon. I have lacked inspiration to create recently and my hands do not always do what the brain asks them to do so that makes crafting difficult at times.

I do love this time of year the colours are beautiful, what an AWESOME Creator we have.
I do love the short daylight hours as I can shut out the gloomy days and snuggle up in my favourite chair with some warm lighting and the dog!

I do love my family so much, they are so supportive, even on my grouchy days!

Most of all I love Jesus Christ and all that He has done for me, what a Saviour I have...

What do you love?

3 comments:

Moomin said...

Hallo Clare, So glad to hear how you feel. Thinking about a young lady with two children who has Devic's Disease which has similarities with MS - myelin sheath destruction and she is struggling back to work using a trolley to walk. Wondering if she may have relapses. Getting encouragement from the ministry CDs we send. His perfect will be done.
I would love to be more like my Saviour - wouldn't that be something?! Here's a great hymn: by Anna Waring:

Father, I know that all my life
Is portioned out for me;
The changes that are sure to come
I do not fear to see;
I ask Thee for a present mind
Intent on pleasing Thee.

I would not have a restive will
That hurries to and fro,
Seeking for some great thing to do
Or secret thing to know;
I would a willing servant be
And guided where I go.

Wherever in the world I am,
In whatsoe’er estate,
I have a witness to all hearts
To keep and cultivate;
And a work of lowly love to do
For Him on Whom I wait.

I ask Thee for daily strength,
To none that ask denied,
A mind concerned with those around,
While keeping at Thy side;
Content to fill a humble space,
If Thou be glorified.

Briers beset our daily path,
That call for patient care;
There is a cross in every lot,
An earnest need for prayer:
But lowly hearts that lean on Thee
Are happy anywhere.

In service which Thy will appoints
There are no bonds for me;
My inmost heart is taught the Truth
That makes Thy children free.
A life of self renouncing love
Is one of liberty.

Anna Letitia Waring, 1820-1910

Amen to that say I!

much love to you and yours
Moomin

Unknown said...

u r invited to follow my blog

nuttynurse said...

Lovely to hear Clare. I often wonder how the human race deals with difficult things without God and understand how people can live lives full of bitterness as they have no wonderful God to lay their problems before.

I respect you very much for your Christlike example XX