Saturday 15 August 2009

A balancing act.

I have been up and down MS-wise, at the moment I am going in a slight upward direction.
I don't know if you have this same battle (MS related), but when I am feeling slightly better than usual I go mad and get all the things done I have not managed to do, then I pay the price with exhaustion and pain.

Is it the same with you? I keep saying to myself 'slow down girl you're going to pay the price for doing this', and I still do it! Then I get cross with myself.

It is indeed a balancing act that I still haven't got to grips with. Hmm maybe its the ugly face of pride and stubborness which I must deal with. I know I cannot do this by myself and God will strengthen me and guide me.

Also as I am on a ramble about MS, I take copaxone daily and I am being really good alternating injection sites but I am running out of areas which are clear of swelling and not painful.


Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Lisa Cobler said...

I do the same thing. I had to stop Copaxone because of the injection site reactions. I still have lumps all over me and it's been at least a year since I stopped.

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Clare,
I think everyone has the tendency to plow full speed ahead when they have inceased energy, but the consequences aren't quite as bad as what you deal with. Please know that I will be praying for you and that your injections will be easier soon!

Are you still making cards? You are just so creative!!

Have a wonderful week, sweetie. Hope you feel better!
Love and hugs,
Becky

nuttynurse said...

The only thing i can suggest is that you mark out a grid and inject in different boxes and then move onto a new grid in a different location. Crazy i know but at least then the pain will be localised in one area and you'll know where you have been!

Also,you can alter the depth of the injection as long as it's still IM it doesn't matter and may affect pain but as Lisa has has reaction problems it may be the drug and not the pricks that are doing the damage.

Keep it up and STOP overdoing it!!!

m XX

ms'er faith said...

I think I am queen of overdoing it and then paying the price. Last weekend I went to play wheelchair tennis and it was really hot, but I went, and went, and went. Then I was assisting minister. Then I began the work week. On Wed I went to acupuncture and said I feel like I alternate between really stressed and exhausted. My pulses said I was completely exhausted, and beneath the exhaustion was stress. No shock. My old boss would tell me I got cocky, and she would be right. And yet, I never learn. If you figure out a way, let me know!